(Washington, D.C.) - The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) released new guidance on Thursday for fully vaccinated Americans, saying they can mostly stop mask-wearing and social distancing. In a surprising move, the guidance also included specific new suggestions for software engineers, including:
- no longer need to write unit, integration, or tests of any kind
- can now push straight to production environments, especially on Friday after 5PM
- no longer need to index databases
- point user stories without any rational basis
- can write non-meaningful commit messages
- can install as many third-party libraries as they like
Many PMs and engineering managers expressed concern at the move citing "revenue" and "predictability" concerns.